RN to BSN Scholarship
Brandman University is providing a $222 per unit scholarship for Alameda County Medical Center nurses to complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.
Classes begin September 3, 2013
Total Units to Complete the Degree: 36
Current Tuition Rate without Scholarship: $500 x 36 units = $18000
Scholarship amount toward program tuition: $222 x 36 ≈$8,000
Designated employees wishing to enroll in the BSN program under the Premier Partner Program will be required to apply for admission and be admitted in accordance with Brandman University's requirements. Students may apply for Federal student loans. No other costs such as books, travel or incidentals are included in the scholarship. Tuition is due and payable by course prior to the start of each course. Brandman Tuition rate is subject to change.
ACMC nurses that are not selected for the Premier Partner RN to BSN scholarship yet still wish to enroll in the RN to BSN program will still qualify for a $75 per unit scholarship toward standard tuition rate.
ACMC Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The candidate must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible as a scholarship recipient. Final selection will be made by the selection panel.
- Current registered nurse employee working in a fulltime or part-time (0.6 FTE) position, a minimum for 1248 hours during the previous 12 months.
- Performance rating of 3.0 or higher in all categories of the candidate’s current performance review form.
- Positive work record – applicant is in good standing and not in a formal disciplinary process.
- Essay - how would receiving this scholarship be meaningful/beneficial to the recipient.
- Working at Alameda County Medical Center for a minimum of 2 years.
- Two letters of recommendation (Manager, Physician, colleague)
Who is this program for?
This program is designed for the registered nurse with an Associate degree who is ready to change the way health care is delivered to the patient.The program is also designed for seamless movement into Brandman’s Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, which together can be completed in as little as 4 years.
For questions about the RN to BSN and MHI Scholarships please contact Trish Freeman at email@example.com